uLinga for X25 implements the XOT (X.25 over TCP/IP) protocol developed by Cisco Systems that enables X.25 packets to be encapsulated and routed through TCP/IP connections instead of LAPB links. The protocol is defined by RFC 1613.
The higher communication layers preserve the X.25 flows expected by your application, and at the lower layers the communications utilise your existing IP backbone infrastructure, and so can be routed by standard IP routers.
Standard APIs are supported for the platform: for example on HP NonStop, applications using the X25AM PTP interface can all run without modification. Other application transport mechanisms are also supported, including standard file system I/O, and TCP/IP.
- Both Switched Virtual Circuits (SVCs) and Permanent Virtual Circuits (PVCs) supported
- Optional use of Port numbers for addressing of endpoints
- Online configuration/management:
- Web browser interface utilising HTML 5 and Web Sockets, with no client software to install
- Interactive command line interface, with support for obey/script files
- Built in tracing facility
- Standard logging support
- Support for standard APIs - no application changes required
- Modern X.25 support using your existing IP infrastructure
- Minimise integration risk and effort
- Boost flexibility through use of standard IP routing techniques
- Simplify network management