uLinga for Enterprise Extender implements Systems Network Architecture (SNA) High Performance Routing (HPR) protocols over UDP/IP.
The higher communication layers preserve the SNA flows expected by your application, and at the lower layers the communications utilise your existing IP backbone infrastructure, and so can be routed by standard IP routers. Because zOS Communications Server (VTAM) natively supports Enterprise Extender (EE) protocols, there is no need for special routers to front-end communications with the mainframe.
Standard APIs are supported for the platform: for example on HP NonStop, applications using the SNAX/HLS, SNAX/CRT, SNAX/APC and SNALU interfaces can all run without modification. Other application transport mechanisms are also supported, including standard file system I/O, and TCP/IP.
- Enterprise Extender protocols designed from the ground up for high performance
- Advanced Peer to Peer Networking (APPN) End Node to reduce the number of definitions required on your mainframe
- Session Services Extensions (SSE) to enable support for SNA secondary applications and devices to "logon" over EE links
- All Logical Unit (LU) types supported
- Online configuration/management:
- Web browser interface utilising HTML 5 and Web Sockets, with no client software to install
- Interactive command line interface, with support for obey/script files
- Built in tracing facility
- Standard logging support
- Support for standard APIs - no application changes required
- Modern SNA support using your existing IP infrastructure
- Reduce costs - for SNA software, operator costs, and eliminating the need for costly SNA infrastructure
- Minimise integration risk and effort
- Boost flexibility through use of standard IP routing techniques
- Simplify network management
- Stengthen security - utilising industry-standard IPSec